Mike is involved in all aspects of commercial and general civil litigation. His practice includes drafting and arguing motions and briefs and representing the firm’s clients at hearings, mediation,
binding arbitrations and trial. Mike further provides his clients with legal analysis and advice on a variety of complex statutory and regulatory issues. Although his practice primarily
focuses on litigation, up to and including trial, he has also authored a prevailing appellate court brief before the Texas Court of Appeals.
- Helped obtain a defense verdict for a medical care provider in a one-week-long wrongful termination lawsuit, wherein the plaintiff sought recovery of millions of dollars but was awarded nothing by the jury.
as coordinating counsel for hundreds of related medical malpractice/products liability cases, in the largest litigation in the history of Nevada jurisprudence.Successfully mediated a settlement agreement involving a homeowner and several corporate defendants in a lawsuit involving faulty construction materials.
- Drafted the prevailing appellate court brief in Boyes v. Morris Polich & Purdy, LLP, 169 S.W.3d 448 (Tex. App.—El Paso 2005, no pet.).
- Juris Doctor, Baylor University School of Law, 2003.
- BBA, University of Texas at Arlington, 1998 summa cum laude.
- State Bar of Texas, 2003
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Western District of Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Honors and Recognitions:
- Dean’s List, Baylor University School of Law