Ben Newman is a trial lawyer who represents both businesses and individuals in federal and state courts as well as arbitration venues throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. His practice includes nonsubscriber litigation, premises and products liability, general negligence, business litigation, automobile/trucking accidents, will contests, fiduciary litigation, and commercial property disputes.
Ben has considerable experience in drafting and arguing motions, investigating and analyzing claims, taking depositions, negotiating settlements, arbitration matters, and trial.
- Defense verdict on behalf of a Fortune 500 retailer in a jury trial involving claims of premises liability, negligence, and injuries to the neck and spine.
- Obtained multiple summary judgment dismissals for clients in cases involving claims of premises liability and general negligence in state and federal courts.
- Secured a dismissal on a 12(b)(6) motion in federal district court.
- Obtained a settlement sum in a commercial property dispute for a client who was sued for breach of contract and conversion.
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Baylor University Law School, Juris Doctor
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A.
Professional and Community Organizations
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Member