Nick Lund is a Texas attorney specializing in litigation defense and small business representation. Nick has successfully defended numerous individuals and businesses in various disputes, claims, and lawsuits, including commercial litigation, complex arbitration, health care liability claims, and premises liability and genera liability claims. Nick has also represented a number of small businesses, including health care providers, construction companies, and technology firms, throughout a variety of legal issues.
Prior to joining The Peavler Group in 2015, Nick worked at a Dallas-based law firm specializing in the representation of health care providers and small businesses. There, Nick was able to defend physicians, nurses, and medical practices in a both lawsuits and state administrative proceedings, and was able to represent small businesses and individual clients through complex commercial disputes, transactions, and regulatory compliance issues.
- Achieved summary judgment dismissals of multiple premises liability claims in both state and federal courts.
- Defended and helped defend multiple retailers in jury trials for alleged personal injury and property damage claims, throughout Texas courts.
- Prosecuted complex commercial and residential construction disputes before state courts and arbitrators, and obtained arbitration awards and state court judgments for contracted and invoiced totals, as well as interest, attorneys’ fees, arbitration and court costs, and consequential damages.
- Processed tenant disputes on behalf of commercial real estate landlord and obtained judgment for eviction of delinquent commercial tenant, and award of attorneys’ fees.
- Obtained multiple dismissals of negligence lawsuits against Texas physicians and medical practices.
- Helped obtain defense verdicts in favor of Texas physicians in multiple-week-long trials wherein the plaintiffs sought recovery of millions of dollars for personal injury and wrongful death, but were awarded nothing by the jury.
- Defended and helped defend Texas nurses and physicians in complex administrative proceedings before the Texas Board of Nursing and Texas Medical Board, successfully obtaining acquittal of pending charges related to administrative complaints and standard of care issues.
- Successfully negotiated settlement of complex, interstate commercial construction dispute on behalf of contractor, against allegations of fraud and deceptive trade practices by homeowners.
- Advised small business clients through formation of new legal entities, and through sale of existing businesses and transfers of real estate and personal property.
- Defended commercial real estate investor against claims of catastrophic personal injury and property damages, and attained low-cost resolution of lawsuit.
- Served as general counsel for multiple businesses, including real estate firms, construction companies, health care practices, and property management groups.
- Prepared agreements and other documents for small business clients to assist in creating and managing daily operations, navigating dispute resolution between clients and adverse parties, and minimizing losses to business from unfavorable events.
State Bar of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Juris Doctor, cum laude, SMU Dedman School of Law
B.A. of Political Science, cum laude, Louisiana State University
Memberships & Affiliations
State Bar of Texas, Member
Dallas Bar Association, Member
Texas Association of Young Lawyers, Member